In July 2012 the Salisbury Centre recognised that the way the Centre was operating was no longer viable. As a result the Trustees initiated a restructuring to create a space for new and more vibrant ideas to emerge. We are now operating on a sound financial footing, with our day to day expenses being covered. This has been achieved by the Trustees taking on the micro-management of the Centre, and by the help of many kind supporters who have shown their belief in what we are doing by donating their time and money.
We would now like to move to the next phase which will see the further development of the Centre and the employment of a professional administrator/manager. We have set up a fund-raising committee in order to find the money to take our ideas forward. Any donations that are made would support the following projects:
- Employment of a part-time manager. This will enable the development of administrative structures, and the efficient running of the Centre. We need approximately £12,000 to take this forward. We envisage that after the first year, the income of the Centre will be able to cover the cost of a manager.
- Internal and external redecoration, starting with the outside paintwork. We have enough to do the absolutely vital repairs at the back of the house, but there is still more to do
- Secondary double glazing. We have started the process of looking at appropriate products that could be installed by volunteers
- Re-organisation of the interior of the Centre
- Financial support for new and innovative projects.
Donations can be cash, standing order or by cheque made out to The Salisbury Centre.